Wichita Public Law
Serving the Public and Non-Profit Sector
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC serves as counsel to local government and non-profit entities.
Local Government Servics:
- Public Finance
- Local Government Counsel
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use Planning & Zoning
- Tax Credits & Incentives
- Special Districts
Attorney Scott B. Poor frequently serves as counsel to cities, counties and economic development agencies. He offers expertise in affordable housing, downtown revitalization, industrial development and infrastructure development matters. He has handled annexation and eminent domain cases. He has worked with IRBs, TIF districts, special assessments, special districts, utility districts and Community Improvement Districts.
In addition to representing local government entities, the firm also represents chambers of commerce, civic leagues, citizens groups and advocacy organizations.
Non Profit Servics:
- Organizational Formation
- IRS Tax Exemption
- Governance Issues
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC currently serves as counsel to numerous civic, charitable and philanthropic organizations.
Some Examples of Recent Public Law Matters Handled by Our Attorneys
- Serving as Counsel and Public Finance Consultuant in Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Representing Citizen Group in Opposition to Annexation
- Representing Citizen Group in Petition for Ballot Referendum
- Serving as Outside Counsel to Major Urban City on Land Use Planning Issues
- Successfully Seeking Approval for Charter School Application
- Serving as Counsel to Organization Opposing Statewide Constitutional Amendment Referendum
- Securing Property Tax Exemption for Non-Profit Health Care Clinic
- Drafting Special Assesssment Policy for Large Urban Municipality
Ethics, Elections and Advocacy
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC knows politics. Attorney Scott B. Poor is a former state party director and has worked extensively as a poltical consultant and lobbyist. He was counsel in high-profile Congressional redistricting litigaton. HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC serves as attorney to political campaigns, committees and interest groups. The firm also serves as legal advisor in citizen initiative recall, petition and ballot issue matters.
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC personnel have decades of experience working with schools, educational organizations and juvenile services agencies. Attorney Eric Hartenstein has been active in juvenile justice and charitable services to underprivileged children. Attorney Scott B. Poor has represented school districts and educational advocacy groups. HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC is committed to serving educational interests.