About Our Wichita Attorneys
Business & Property Lawyers
Your business matters at HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC. Our lawyers come from the corporate sector, having held executive positions in area’s dominant industries – agribusiness, energy and aircraft manufacturing. As former corporate executives, the firm’s professionals understand the legal issues facing business and property owners.
Some Examples of Recent Matters Handled by the Attorneys:
- Represented Minority Interests in Biofuel Plant Acquisition
- Defended Energy Services Company Owners Against Criminal Charges
- Served as Due Diligence Advisor in Acquisition of Grain Elevators and Feed Mills
- Handled Development Finance and Incentive Finance for National Big Box Retailer
- Planned Exit Strategy and Negotiate Buyout for Multistate Family-Owned String of Franchise Restaurants
- Served as Fiduciary/Receiver for Large Portfolio of Affordable Housing Properties
- Secured and Syndicated Tax Credit Equity for Disaster Reconstruction Projects
- Handled Disciplinary Complaint Against Physicians and Pharmacists
Multidisciplinary Professionals With a Holistic Approach to Representing Your Business
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC personnel are multidisciplinary professionals with specialized training, experience and expertise in land use, real estate, business, finance and taxation. With this multidisciplinary background, the firm takes a holistic approach to practicing law. The firm aims to serve the whole business enterprise. HARTESTEIN POOR LLC doesn’t look at your legal problems as a microcosm. Rather, we look at all your legal needs, and find the right solutions to accomplish your personal, professional and financial goals.
HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC has particular experience and expertise serving rural economic interests. Although our firm is located in downtown Wichita, our personnel have rural roots and agricultural backgrounds. Attorney Eric Hartenstein grew up with a Flint Hills ranch. Attorney Scott B. Poor grew up in rural Southwest Kansas. As a result, HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC understands agribusiness. The firm understands the energy business. And, the firm understands rural economic and community development.
Attorney Scott B. Poor speaks nationally on legal issues and topics related to rural economic and community development. He is recognized as a national expert of matters of rural development, rural housing, renewable energy and value-added agricultural project development.
A Commitment to Public Service
In addition to substantial business experience, HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC personnel have held leadership positions in public service. Attorney Eric Hartenstein is a long-time Kansas guardian ad litem and federal CJA panel defender. His insight into the justice system is of tremendous value to firm clients. Attorney Scott B. Poor has held appointed positions to the numerous state agencies. He was an Assistant Attorney General and, most recently, served as Chairman of the Kansas Real Estate Appraisal Board. HARTENSTEIN POOR LLC believes that lawyers must have a commitmen to public service.